Interesting subject in this email. But it came through

Issue 1:

-----------------------
The use of in many programming languages reserved words in the HL7 datatypes.
I am talking about the datatypes: Set, Array.
-----------------------

It is in some popular languages not possible to use some words to define your
own datatypes, or parts of the datatypes.
This makes it impossible to use the standard in that language as it is.

A standard should be platform-independent (OS, programming-language), that is
why I think it is an important issue

I worked around the issue by naming those types: HL7Set, HL7Array, and for
consistency, I named the other Collection-types also HL7... (HL7Bag and
HL7List).

It is in the programming language (Object Pascal) I use to implement the
standard exact as it is, this makes the standard unuseable as it is for me.

Please note that Delphi is a very often used programming environment. it is
possible to write native Win32-executables, dotnet-executables and native
Linux-executables (kylix) with it.
In my opinion a standard should be useable in Delphi.

Op woensdag 25 mei 2005 00:35, schreef Edgar Gl?ck:
subject: Re: SV: [SPAM] - Re: SubjectOfInvestigation - Bayesian Filter
detected spam

--
Met vriendelijke groet
Bert Verhees