Op woensdag 25 mei 2005 11:11, schreef Amnon Shabo:
> Bert,
> The HL7 II data type has the "assigningAuthorityName" so you can identify
> the insurance company for example.
> Thanks,
> Amnon.

But what if you do not want to know the name of the company, but only wnat to
know the type of the identifier.
F.e. in the Netherlands it is sufficient to provide a bankaccount-number when
wanting to do a money transfer. You do not need to know the name of the bank.
And a bank can also be an insurance-comapny, so the assigningAuthority tells
me nothing about the type of the number.

Bert

--
Met vriendelijke groet
Bert Verhees