On 11/6/06, Sam Heard <sam.heard at oceaninformatics.biz> wrote:

> Another issue is about computation. For example we could want a
> quantifiable magnitude to be the result of two previously entered values.
>
> We see this as a application issue = the archetype can limit it to be the
> computation of two other values if they are present.

I also think there is a need to support cacluated fields based on other
fields in the archetype. It's possible to express that with assertation, but
it's just for validation purpose. It would be nice to have the possibility
to specify a node whose value is cacluated by a given algorithm on other
exsiting values for presentation. Maybe it could be something for templates?

Cheers,
Rong