Dear all,

The text below by Thomas warrants a conclusion:
- openEHR needs a (place in a) document that defines the correct
wording and meaning of:
version and revision.

To my mind these words are to much similar and can generate confusions.
Alternatives:
Package (new Archetype that breaks the previous package archetype)
plus conversion script from the Old to the New Archetype)
Version (new Archetype as the result of some editorial changes, only,
not breaking the previous version)

Gerard

On Jun 4, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Thomas Beale wrote:

> The result of this is that new _versions_ of officially released
> archetypes should be very low in number and should always have a
> formal
> definition of how to migrate data created using an older version.
>
> The confusing factor that people are seeing now is that due to the
> current tooling, most archetype authors are creating new 'versions'
> when
> in fact the changes are only new revisions

-- <private> --
Gerard Freriks, MD
Huigsloterdijk 378
2158 LR Buitenkaag
The Netherlands

T: +31 252544896
M: +31 620347088
E:     gfrer at luna.nl

temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov
1755