Hi Gerard Freriks,

Thank you for your informative response.

There is indeed an EU Directive on Privacy w.r.t processing of personal
data which I found here
http://www.cdt.org/privacy/eudirective/EU_Directive_.html (unofficial)
and
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2001/l_008/l_00820010112en00010022.pdf
 (official). Any pointers on how this directive has been translated into
privacy requirements for EHRs standards and systems within the EU?

I got the CEN/tc251 EN13606 from
http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/resources/CEN/EN13606-1/ That patient safety
and privacy as well as input from openEHR and other European standards
were part of its design is quite attractive! I will now take a close
look at it.

Thank you for these useful pointers.

Regards
----