Hi Seref and Shinji,

I share your opinions. Once in a while, we need discussions like this, since we
have to lead ourselves somewhere and combine efforts if we want to support the
difussion and adopton of the standard.

The domain is complex, the problem is complex, the solution must be complex,
but if we add the complexity of the standard to the complexity of understanding
another language (the specs are english only), we have a serious problems for a
worldwide adoption. I share Shinji's vision, we must support and encourage
regional OpenEHR communities, specs translation, and "open source multilingual
up-to-date tools" (most tools available are: or not multiligual or the
translations are horrible, or not open source, or not updated recently).

I think regional communities can create courses, resources, materials, etc...
and share them with other communities, throught OpenEHR foundation. Guidelines
to do this must be set from the OpenEHR Foundation Boards (I think they are
there to lead the community, to encourage the spread and adoption of the
standard, I can't remember the last time I saw an email of the OpenEHR Boards
in the mailling lists). Within those guidelines, we can be coordinated, and
maybe set year-based goals. And once a year or two we can make some event to
share our experiences and progress from our local communities (can be local or
regional events, since for most of ours it's hard to travel so far).

These ideas are not new, just look at the HL7 coutry based structure.

I know this words may sound hard to someone, I just want to support the success
of the standard, but I think if we keep doing things the same way, we'll end
with a high quality standard with no one to implement it.

Kind regards,

--
A/C Pablo Pazos Guti?rrez
LinkedIn: http://uy.linkedin.com/in/pablopazosgutierrez