Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 01:04:03 +0100
Subject: Re: How about creating an openEHR test base?
From: serefari...@kurumsalteknoloji.com
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org

Pablo,
Let me first say that I really appreciate all the constructive discussions
you've initiated, and your work.

To be honest, I was hoping that my points sould ring other bells :) Open source
licenses are quite different beasts, and their combinations in projects is a
nightmare. If you take licences seriously (which we'd better do), you can end
up in some pretty frustrating situations, where you can use someone else's
code, but can't distribute it with your work, etc etc.

I have no objection to exposing services, remember Bosphorus? It is happily
running as a service out there for some months now. However, to work together,
we need to handle licensing issues. I'm going to move Opereffa to Apache 2.0.
Shinji has done the same. I do not want to push anyone towards a particular
open source license, but I'd at least like to know the licenses of all projects
that would be included in what you're suggesting.

Believe me, I understand the urge to actually do stuff, I share the same urge,
but at this day and age, one can never be too careful about licensing. Seeing
what you're trying to do, I just wanted to save you from a lot of headache :)

Kind regards
Seref