Hi Pablo,
You news to be clearer about the requirement. Depending on the real
requirement the student may be right.
Remember that demographic model is recording instances of parties not
classes. So if the requirement is to record the specific instance of device
recording attributes such serial number, last calibration date etc then he
is perfectly correct to reference this instance using a participation and
party ref.
However if he is just recording the type of device then you would use a
protocol structure as per the blood pressure.
Including an agent object by value within an entry is not allowed and in
cases where we do need to record an instance of a device by value because
we don't want the overhead of first recording the instance in a demographic
repository and then referencing it then we do use the cluster approach that
Heather referred to, but this is an implementation choice or even driven by
the modeling process which wants to use a single model and by value
associations to aid in model understanding. From experience, I don't think
it is absolutely necessary to attempt to model the party model in the
cluster structure, it just makes the model hard to understand and implement.
Heath