Hi Pablo
Thanks for the quick response!

I guess you are right regarding Cron and ISO 8601 when it comes to implement
the DV_PARSABLE attribute timing on the ACTIVITY class.

The openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.timing.v1 is developed to define "structured
information about the timing (intended or actual) of administration or use of a
medicine, other therapeutic good or other intervention that is given on a
scheduled basis." And it's intended use is  "with medication orders and other
instructions where timing is complex and needs to be computable." This
archetype does also include a parsable element named "parsable syntax".

So the key question is: To be able to exchange structured information about
timing - would it be better to use openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.timing.v1 or should we
use the mandatory parsable timing attribute on ACTIVITY class?

I can see pros and cons:

Use the attribute on ACTIVITY class:

?         To use an attribute that is always present (in EHR Information Model).

?         To reduce clinical modeling effort - since you don't have to include
structure about timing in every ACTIVITY.
(I guess clinical modeling should be done with specialization some way to
define an Action  Archetype with timing information).

Use the openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.timing.v1 (or another defined structure)

?         to be able to share timing information as Archetype defined structure
between openEHR enabled systems .

?         to be able to let the Clinical Modeling people define the complexity
of timing in HealthCare

I can also see some challenges with the optional attribute WF_DEFINITION on the
INSTRUCTION class and the mandatory attribute timing on the ACTIVITY class. I
think there will be some correlation between these attributes in a given
use-case.

With regards,
Bj?rn N?ss
Product owner
Telephone +47 75 59 24 55
Mobile +47 93 43 29 10
www.dips.com<http://www.dips.com/>

[cid:image001.png at 01CE9670.54B7FA90]

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential
or private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original.