Restful webservice is widely used in all kinds of companies in  China.
especially when the mobile health or mobile internet technology flood all over
the wolrd .but there is a thing we should notice these use cases are all in the
information exchange or work flow creation inside one company or ecosystem
around a company.in my opinion  this  micro service architecture  is quite
suitable for building  pc applications and mobile applications at the same time
based on the cloud computing and container development during these years.our
company,one of the leading health information exchange and health information
systems vendor are trying to switch to micro service architecture (not
alone,also some other paradigm) using Restful webservice to promote the
development of mobile application and integration between different products
    definitely you can still solve everything with old hammer and nails.
perhaps more timely and cost-effective.

kind regards.

--

???