Hi Björn,

I finally got around to thinking a bit about this.

It is an interesting problem and I think I can see the need to specify
different data handling requirements but I am not sure that
overloading composition.category is the best approach here.

I suspect this will take a bit of teasing out (and other commit/query
strategy metadata) - might it be better to put this in a cluster
archetype in the Composition extension slot. That would let us play
around with the requirements before pushing something definitive to
the RM?

So far I have 3 axes:

1. Normal commit strategy: persistence vs. event  i.e do we normally
overwrite an existing composition.

2. Source-of-truth i.e. Should this document be regarded as the
primary source of truth for certain kinds of data or otherwise e.g
Does a system look into event compositions or e.g to a Problem list
for 'current problems'

3. Is this a primary document or secondary document? e.g. a Discharge
letter is a secondary document derived from other primary records.

Just starting the discussion :)

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859