Currently I think we filter on 'report' COMPOSITIONs via something like:

FROM COMPOSITION c[openEHR-EHR-COMPOSITION.report.v1]
        CONTAINS OBSERVATION o[openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.body_weight.v1]

So that would not need any change to the COMPOSITION.category to be achieved. Not saying there are not reasons to do it, just that the normal way today seems to satisfy the requirement.

Secondly, just a mechanical AQL thing: it should normally be possible to do:

WHERE c/category/defining_code matches {[openehr::434]}

- thomas