On 16/03/2016 05:19, Bjørn Næss wrote:
The problem is not to filter in data. The most important feature to support is
to filter out data.
The proposed solution is to add a new category code to add a new group of
Compositions which by default is sorted out.
This could be done by archetypes. But that creates the need for the implementations to
add new filters as new archetypes are developed. If we agree that there is a large group
of "report" compositions with only referred data from their primary sources -
then we should make this a first class citizen of the openEHR domain model.

we have thought in the past that we should do something directly in the RM to mark 'reports' and other 'derivative' content in some way, but never agreed properly on what to do. Probably your experience reports of trying to convert what I imagine are well understood DIPS data structures and querying capabilities will help us focus on some concrete changes we can make to the RM. Maybe it is as simple as another Composition category.

Another alternative is to define a marked in EHR_STATUS e.g. is_derived: Boolean that would enable report-like content to be detected, and ignored in normal querying. We already have some other markers there that affect querying, e.g. is_queryable (see here <http://www.openehr.org/releases/RM/latest/docs/ehr/ehr.html#_ehr_package>).