You are going to need an implementation for the back-end on which you can build applications. There are commercial implementations <http://www.openehr.org/industry_partners/>, and you may be able to obtain one of their systems free for academic use. Otherwise you are probably interested in the open source ones, of which there are two that are pretty comprehensive at the moment, called EtherCIS and EHRServer. You can find links here <http://www.openehr.org/downloads/ehrcomponents>.

- thomas