On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 10:07:24AM +0100, David Moner wrote:

> You are talking about a future reuse or validation of the data. But what it
> was discused here is how to define the reference ranges for any data to
> take an action at the moment of data registry. And, as Gerard said, those
> references must be stored for future interpretation of the data. Thus, I'm
> of the opinion that ideally this should be stored together with the
> archetype/templates as it is part of the domain knowledge at that moment.

The ranges will be different across labs and across types of
measurement due to "precision available", "reagants used",
"technology applied", and a variety of other ugly real-world
factors. Even for the very same LOINC from the very same lab.

I don't think this knowledge should (or can) live in the
archetype but rather be stored with the data and/or the
interpretation of the data.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346