It is a generic problem that impacts OpenEHR also.

Present systems need a lot of implicit human knowledge in order to interpret
the data safely and fully.
SNOMED pre-corodination is one way to make this implicit knowledge explicit. It
possibly is a solution.
My point is that it is not the best solution.
Not only do we need to make more of the implicit knowledge explicit but use
archetype structures/patterns to define the full context/epistemology in a
Standardised, shared way.

Existing systems use a myriad number of ways to store health and administrative
data.
This demands specific requirements to be met.
Systems of the future have other additional requirements that impact archetype
patterns and the standard way of using coding systems.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl

Kattensingel  20