On 5/15/20 6:16 PM, Paul Barker wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 10:57, Robert Yang <liezhi.y...@windriver.com> wrote:

Set it to 0 can make it archive all the used sources during the build, nothing
will be filtered out, this is useful when we want to archive all the sources.

This equals to:
COPYLEFT_LICENSE_INCLUDE = "*"
COPYLEFT_LICENSE_EXCLUDE = ""

But there are a lot of settings in copyleft_filter.bbclass, so it may not work
when its default settings are changed, add the var ENABLE_COPYLEFT_FILTER will
make it more reliable.

Why would copyleft_filter.bbclass not work when the settings are
changed? They're intended to be configurable.

I've been using `COPYLEFT_LICENSE_INCLUDE = "*"` in several projects
for years now. I'm not sure that we need another overlapping variable
which could confuse users further.

As you know, there other settings in copyleft_filter.bbclass may affect
the result, such as:

COPYLEFT_RECIPE_TYPES
COPYLEFT_PN_INCLUDE
COPYLEFT_PN_EXCLUDE

These settings maybe changed, and it's not easy to detect the changes,
the ENABLE_COPYLEFT_FILTER can make it more reliable.

// Robert

Thanks,
Paul