I ran into QA issues when inadvertently replacing OEs LICENSE with
Yoctos LICENSE file. Why should recipes depend on the license for
the complete collection of layers? At least for "normal" recipes
that generate target device packages, this makes no sense to me.

I patched out the global LICENSE file from all those recipes that
are short enough and where I feel reasonably confident of not
having actually changed the claimed license terms in any way.

There are additional recipes that reference the global LICENSE
file, but where I am not sure if a less blanket license declaration
is appropriate or not. Especially for meta-toolchain and
build-appliance-image, the global LICENSE is probably correct.
Any comments?

If there are really recipes where the global LICENSE file is
appropriate, how to allow people running their own combo-layer to
quickly replace the file? Maybe add a variable CORELICENSE_MD5 that
gets used by all such recipes?

--
2.1.4