On Tue 2018-02-20 @ 11:41:15 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> The separate layers and maintainership is the way we designed the new
> layered approach to OE to scale.

I only became an active user of OE after the OE-classic split; I had used it a
couple times during the OE-classic era, but not very deeply. Therefore: my
apologies for not having a fuller understanding of the issue(s).

Would anyone like to make an honest, unbiased attempt at answering:
1. What problem(s) was the post-OE-classic split attempting to solve?
2. Did it work? Can it be said that the problem(s) the OE-split was attempting
   to solve, have actually been solved by the split? (and, if new problems
   arose as a result of this split, were they small an manageable relative to
   the pre-split problems?)

The experiment to decide whether we need more splits or consolidation has
already been done. Have the results been sufficiently understood?