On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 12:07 AM Peter Marko via
lists.openembedded.org
<peter.marko=siemens....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> > >  # Don't include so files in dev package -FILES:${PN}-dev =
> > > "${includedir} ${libdir}/cmake"
> > > +FILES:${PN}-dev = "${includedir} ${libdir}/cmake ${libdir}/pkgconfig"
> >
> > This wouldn't be needed if FILES:${PN} wasn't set using FILES:${PN} =
> > "${libdir}" earlier.
> >
> > A better way to achieve that *.so files are packaged in the base package is
> > to do:
> >
> > SOLIBS = ".so*"
> > FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""
> > INSANE_SKIP:${PN} += "dev-so"
> >

> The patch is already merged, so I'm not sending a v2 anymore

Please address the feedback in a new patch since it is an improvement,
your patch fixed an issue and was in a merge queue
that has been through a few CI cycles already, so I did not remove it,
however, that does not mean that it can not be improved upon.

but thanks for the hint for my future patches.