On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Albert Cervera i Areny
<alb...@nan-tic.com>wrote:

> [...]
> the user has problems with the update guide or the scripts, then he has the
> choice to ask the community and wait for an answer or get it solved directly
> from OpenERP if he/she has the support contract. Both are equally valid
> options.
>
> 2) CTP and market regulation issues : I am surprised on the latest
> announcement of imposing a lower / bottom price of 2000 €. First of all, in
> the CTP partnership clearly states that we, as partners, can put the price
> that we find appropriate. This is the logic approach, since each country has
> its own economic reality.You can not charge the same price in New York,
> Kampala, Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo . It's not real. Moreover, we already
> told the price to the interested parties, and we can not change it suddenly.
>
> This has nothing to do with unfair competition. On the contrary. We pay the
> 15% commission, we pay in advance the student packs and so on. Now leave it
> up to the partner to put the final price. This is free market and should not
> be regulated. You said in one the original contract "...the CTP can decide
> autonomously on the training session pricing for end customers."
>
> What can be expect next ? The imposition on the consulting services ??
> Please stick to the initial written document and don't change it
> arbitrarily. Otherwise it looks like you wake up one day and take a
> decision, announce it, and in the evening, change the whole thing again.
> Please don't forget that we, as partners, are putting a lot of time, effort
> and money, and are and integral part of the project.
>
> 3) Partner rankings : Let me paraphrase one of the sentences you had in the
> previous contracts, and that reflects what I and most of the original
> partners were looking for:
>
> "The main objective of this system is to set up a win-win relationship and
> to make our partnership more valuable for both partners and Tiny ERP through
> the measurement of each aspect of our collaboration.
>
> With this new system, a partner who write a customer success story may be
> equally or more valuated than a partner who has paid a Gold Partner
> Contract."
>
> Summing up
>
> 1) We need stable, long term, predictable policies that allow us to keep on
> investing in OpenERP partnership.
>
> 2) We need clear and open documentation, with related scripts that will
> enable the OpenERP upgradeprocess.
>
> .3) Please don't fall in the mistake of money as the only indicator. IMHO
> that would be a shorted-vision policy. I read an email talking about the
> eligibility of being gold partner or silver partner based on the generated
> revenues. This is a discriminating policy for the developing countries
> partners. Definitely money is far from being a good indicator of partnership
> quality / level. If you are like many of us, who believe in Free Software as
> a tool to leverage the developing countries, please don't use the revenue to

I am totally agree with partners selection, you can check in my country
(Ecuador)  how many partners are registered and check the participation from
them, i think OpenERP SA must get high quality to get a partner and just
dont take money payment.

This is an Open Source project and ERP business needs money, we can make
works both things.

Regards,

>  This is a constructive criticism, far from perfect, but well-intentioned
> and open to discussion, from someone who has been partner, supporting and
> contributing for many years and who wants the best future for OpenERP and
> its community.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Luis Falcon
>
> Founder and CEO
>
> Thymbra
>

> > It's a pity that those misunderstandings created frustrations between us.
>
> > I hope we will be able to collaborate efficiently again.
>

> --
>
> Albert Cervera i Areny
>
> http://www.NaN-tic.com
>
> Tel: +34 93 553 18 03