Is NetEpi based on EpiInfo or something growing out of that?? I used EpiInfo it some years ago and can remember writing to the CDC to create a linux version :-)

Regards

Nanda Gunaratne

"Tim.Churches" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> Linux Apache MySQL PHP server setups are so common that they have
> their own designation, collectively called 'LAMP' applications. It
> seems that in the United States, the hotbeds of FOSS Electronic
> Medical Records (EMR)'s activity are falling into two universes: that
> based upon the VA's VistA and a consortium of groups using a
> combination of OpenEMR, ClearHealth, FreeMed, FreeB and MirrorMed
> which also happen to be LAMP applications. Might there be a term
> currently to call the latter? Could this apparently thriving community
> invent one?

We use Linux, apache, Python and PostgreSQL for our NetEpi applications.
Does that make us LAPPlanders, or LAPPis (Wikipedia tells me that
"Lappi" is the Finnish name for Lapland).

Tim C