FWIW I don't recall which I used a couple of weeks ago. I'd claim old age, but
the fact is when I get going, if I don't keep adequate notes, I have never had
any idea how I did something two weeks ago.
     On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 6:26:44 PM CDT, Tim Mooney <tim.moo...@ndsu.edu>
wrote:

 In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on OpenIndiana Hipster?,...:

> How important are Spectre, Meltdown, etc for a system behind a firewall
> which does not allow inbound traffic and does not run programs
> downloaded from the internet?

Probably not important at all.  What you're doing is working and I'm not
suggesting you change anything.

I just wanted it to be clear to people new to OI that if they're running
a recent kernel, they will likely have better results with the
system/virtualbox pkg than they will with the VirtualBox package
downloaded from Oracle.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                            tim.moo...@ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure                  701-231-1076 (Voice)