Hey guys,

I followed the discussion with interest. I just checked the lwjdlfx-approach.
It looked promising in the first place but it has still major performance
issues. It is based on the snapshot functionality
in the Node base class. This is actually a similar approach we've seen in the
JFXPanel
which indeed has horrible performance. From my point of view it is not the way
to go.

What I really like to see is a way to get a textureID directly into the JavaFX
opengl context wraped with an Image object. I know it's pretty hard to do this
cross-platform
and cross-implementation (DirectX, OpenGl) but otherwise JFX can't be mixed
with Third-Party
applications.

Okay, using JFX on top of a OpenGL game just as a replacement of the
UI-framework like Ogre-UI
etc. might still be a good point since there is no high performance need.

In our case we need both high performance UI and high performance additional
OpenGL drawings.
As of today I could only use JavaFX with a SwingPanel that encapsulates a JOGL
context...

just my 2 cents
Matthias