Hi Scott,

I created two new non-confidential bugs and closed the original ones as duplicates. Here are the new bugs:

reflection in daemon thread:
JDK-8046825 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8046825> (was JDK-8040699) : All-Permissions not working properly with sun.plugin2.applet.FXAppletSecurityManager

security manager and applet-desc webstart mode:
JDK-8046826 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8046826> (was JDK-8040231) : All permission fx javaws app could not set Security Manager to null.

I have copied Dmitry in case he has any information about these bugs.

-- Kevin

Kevin Rushforth wrote:
Dmitry can comment further, but it is possible that this issue could be backported to 8u40 if done soon enough.

I will double-check whether the bugs can be made non-confidential (so you can at least track progress), but I suspect they cannot in their current form, in which case new bugs should be filed with the confidential information moved to confidential comments in the bug. I will help with this.

-- Kevin

Scott Palmer wrote:
Drat... I was hoping to see something much sooner, like 8u20 (obviously too late now) or 8u40. I'm unable to use Web Start deployment because of this.

Is it necessary for these issues to be blocked from anonymous viewing?

Thanks for the update.

Scott