In general the number of JREs used to run applets and sharing of JREs should be
expected to be indeterminate.

The deploy code attempts to minimize the number of JREs spun up to run applets
based on resource usage and security constraints, but there is no guarantee
that you can share a JRE.  If you have a use case that you want to solve by
sharing a JRE between apps you should probably look for a different solution
because this approach isn’t going to be supportable or predictable.