This would imply that there was more than on distinguished GUI thread per process. JavaFX runs in the native GUI thread by design and more than one GUI thread is not supported in JavaFX and on some platforms (ie. Mac).

Steve

On 2014-07-08, 3:31 PM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:

> Is running 2 JavaFX applets in the same JVM supported?

No, this is not supported. RT-29969 (and the non-public RT-32321) is about running multiple applets from the same web page, each in their own JVM. By design, JavaFX runs each applet in its own VM. It is very unlikely that we would ever add the ability to run more than JavaFX applet in the same VM.

-- Kevin

ngalarn...@abinitio.com wrote:
Hello,

What is the status of running 2 JavaFX applets in the same JVM (separate_jvm = false)? When we try to load 2 applets into the same JVM we get a runtime error (I think it was class loader related).

When I searched in jira I found RT-29969 (the 2 applet test it refers to may or may not be in the same JVM) which points to RT-32321 which seems to be private (it gives me an error when I try to access it).

Is running 2 JavaFX applets in the same JVM supported?

If not, is that a bug or a feature?

Thanks,

Neil

NOTICE from Ab Initio: This email (including any attachments) may contain information that is subject to confidentiality obligations or is legally privileged, and sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege. If received in error, please notify the sender, delete this email, and make no further use, disclosure, or distribution.