Richard, I totally agree on the subjective nature of "font appreciation" but
that's not really what I am highlighting here. What I am seeing is a difference
between the quality of font rendering between JFX and native apps on the same
machine with the same font etc. and the JFX rendering is definitely less
sharp/black. Some may prefer that (not me) but the issue is that there *is* a
difference.

Cheers,

-jct