Hi Tom,

suppose you have such an event and can tell whether CSS of your Text
has changed. But is changed CSS the only time you want to re-position
the Text? I guess you also need to re-position it when the size of the
parent changes. I imagine the logic for determining whether you need
to re-position the Text or not can get quite complicated.

Why is it a problem that you reposition the Text too often?

I imagine, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that when you
ask for text.prefWidth(-1), you get a cached prefWidth from the last
call, if no properties of Text have changed since the last call to
prefWidth. I also suppose, and again correct me if I'm wrong, that if
you resizeRelocate the Text to the exact same position and size as it
already has, it does not incur any additional operations down the road
compared to not calling resizeRelocate at all. So my conclusion is
that repositioning the Text to the same place is not more expensive
than checking whether the Text needs to be repositioned.

Regards,
Tomas