Yes, I appreciate that the "magic flag" in the Info.plist would just be a
signal to do something tricky.
I tried setting -Dprism.order=sw in the Info.plist, thinking that would
trick things into not requiring the discrete GPU, but all that happened
when I did that was that I ended up with a pixel-doubled window instead of
nice crisp retina graphics.  It still activated the discrete GPU.

Scott