I am trying to make JavaFX 8 work with OSGi Declarative Services. My preferred
solution would be to instantiate javafx.application.Application as an OSGi
service.

As I understand it, there are two ways of activating JavaFX:

1) sub-class javafx.application.Application or
2) call javafx.application.Application.launch()

However, both of these approaches give me a POJO, which makes interaction with
OSGi services and bundles very difficult.

Is there a “proper” way of starting JavaFX as an OSGi service? If not, are
there any plans to support this?

Regards,
Steve