That is why the bundle activator creates a bundle-singleton of itself, that way the app can access the OSGi world. In my case to register itself as a service.

    @Override
    public void start(Stage primaryStage) throws Exception {
        primaryStage.show();

        Dictionary<String, ?> properties = createDictionary();
BundleContext bundleContext = UdooActivator.bundleActivator().getBundleContext(); bundleContext.registerService(com.cuhka.home.application.Application.class, this, properties);
    }

Maurice.