Hi Erik

Thanks for this - it makes sense.

I was wondering about

1) getting the sub-class of javafx.application.Application to register itself
at runtime as an OSGi service; or
2) trying to create a ServiceFactory that creates an instance of
javafx.application.Application (perhaps decorated or proxied); or
3) cloning javafx.application.Application and making a version compatible with
declarative services.

Your approach is no. 4 and has the advantage that it is known to work!

It seems a pity that JavaFX has such a closed/proprietary approach to starting
a javafx.application.Application.

Cheers,
Steve