It looks like we create a dummy drawable for the context and install it when we are done with the frame. This appeared in rev bbb8d2772b37, but it looks like that revision involved removing the unnecessary RenderingContext class, so we may have been doing something similar via the RenderingContext class and the code was merely moved into SwapChain when the other class was deleted. Further investigation would be needed, but my mercurial rev/diffing skills are pretty primitive. Anyone care to dig a little on this and figure out if there is a reason for us to unset the drawable at the end of a frame?

In either case, if we had 2 windows open, and that will happen if there is a simple popup on a choice box or a menu item I think unfortunately, then we'd still have the problem so whether or not it happens with a single window with no popup items in it, it still looks like we could potentially trigger this in common cases anyway. We should track the fix to GLX and make sure we document required patches if there is a fix...

                                ...jim