Rather than a "GLNode", I'm a strong advocate for a more API-agnostic "3D
Canvas Node", given that JavaFX supports both OpenGL and Direct 3D currently
(and one would expert Vulkan as well in the longer run).

But such a node type is IMHO absolutely critical for JavaFX and, for me, is the
most obvious "missing feature" for a hardware-accelerated graphics toolkit.

Felix