This is a limitation of the the way --patch-modules works. You will need to add an entry in:

buildSrc/addExports

Btw, as for the proposal itself, this might need to be a JEP depending on the scope. In any case, it could be considered in the JDK 11 time frame, but there are several things that need to be worked out before making Robot a public API, including the fact that the JemmyFX framework in the openjfx/jfx/tests directory uses Robot. Once you get a working prototype, it would be interesting to discuss it in more detail.

-- Kevin

Michael Ennen wrote:
Currently I am stuck with tests not being able to see the new
"javafx.scene.robot" module:

Task :systemTests:compileTestJava
C:\Users\brcolow\dev\openjfx\tests\system\src\test\java\test\robot\com\sun\glass\ui\monocle\ModalDialogTest.java:34:
error: package javafx.scene.robot is not visible
import javafx.scene.robot.Robot;
                   ^
  (package javafx.scene.robot is declared in module javafx.graphics, which
does not export it)
C:\Users\brcolow\dev\openjfx\tests\system\src\test\java\test\robot\com\sun\glass\ui\monocle\RobotTest.java:33:
error: package javafx.scene.robot is not visible
import javafx.scene.robot.Robot;

I have added:

    exports javafx.scene.robot;

to: modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/module-info.java

But this does not seem to be enough.