As far as the bug goes, I think it would be better to do it the other way around. If we adopt a policy that a PR should reference a bug in JBS, then that part of the problem will go away. I'm not convinced that merging a random PR, for what is essentially just "a good idea" if it isn't backed by a JBS bug, is all that useful. IBy having a bug in JBS before generating the PR, we are that much farther along towards getting it integrated.

-- Kevin

Michael Ennen wrote:
Having a bot that creates a webrev, verifies OCA is signed for the commit
author,
and a generates a JBS/java bug report template would be ideal IMO.

We can use something like AWS Lambda that runs every X minutes and checks
for PRs to the openjdk-jfx GitHub repository. If a new PR is seen, or a PR
is updated,
the webrev, OCA confirmation, and bug report template are auto-generated
and the
bot can, for example, post a comment on the PR or we could use the github PR
status check feature.

Just some ideas.

- Michael