As I said before, we need to be careful where the discussion is made. PRs
on GitHub have their own thread and there's also the mailing list. Maybe
someone from Oracle already has done work related to the PR, and this will
only be known if a JBS issue is submitted or a mailing list thread is
started. Isn't this supposed to happen before starting to work on a PR even
(ideally)?

Yes, which is why I propose that we start with a JBS bug ID. A note to the list along the lines of "Hi, I'd like to work on JDK-123456" would be a good idea too, to avoid duplication of effort, and to indicate to other developers that the bug is now being looked at.

-- Kevin

Nir Lisker wrote:
Thank you!

My concerns (not complaints) and questions:

1. Developer forks the github repo, enhances it, and creates a PR.

2. He discusses it with a committer, and eventually the PR is accepted.

As I said before, we need to be careful where the discussion is made. PRs
on GitHub have their own thread and there's also the mailing list. Maybe
someone from Oracle already has done work related to the PR, and this will
only be known if a JBS issue is submitted or a mailing list thread is
started. Isn't this supposed to happen before starting to work on a PR even
(ideally)?

If you want to contribute, you can create PR's. The idea is that OpenJFX
committers can merge PR's in this repository.

Are these PRs linked/related in some way to JBS? Currently, one would
submit a JIRA ticket, then work under that roof. Is that something the
committer will do after the PR has been merged?

How would you verify the identity of committers (or contributors for the
purpose of OCA) for GitHub? If I become a committer, I wouldn't want
someone to create an account with my name and ask you to give them
committer rights.

Generally, as a non-committer, is it intended that I'll be able to work
through both Oracle's and GitHub's channels? For one issue I can submit a
PR and have a committer handle the webrev in my name, and for another issue
I can do it myself?

- Nir