Iv'e given the pipeline some thought. I'm purposely ignoring current role
names (Author, Contributor...). My suggestions:

Potential contributor wants to contribute...

1. Formal process
  a. If the issue is not in the JBS, they submit it via bugreport.
  b. They send an email on the mailing list regarding the issue (a plan,
question on how to approach etc.)
  c. If the above effort is "deemed worthy" (whatever that means), and they
have signed the OCA, and they then they get access to JBS. If they've given
a GitHub account, they get access to GitHub PRs.
  d. Discussion from the mailing list is copied/linked to the JBS issue.
Maybe if it's their issue (step a) then the Reporter field can change to
them.

This ensures that:
* There's 1 entry point.
* GitHub and JBS identities are linked (GitHub identity is verified).
* Being able to comment on JBS is easier - instead of requiring 2 commits
it requires good intentions(?)
* Not every person on the planet has access to JBS.

2. Work process
  a. They fork the GitHub repo.
  b. They create a PR with a 2-way link to/from JBS (similar to  current
webrevs - JBS links).
  c. Discussion specifically on the patch should happen in the PR thread.
General info on the bug (affected versions etc.) still happens in JBS.
  d. After the patch had been reviewed, it is committed to the Oracle repo.
Since GitHub mirrors Oracle I don't think it matters if the patch is merged
into GitHub.

This ensures that:
* It's easier to start working because the GiutHub repo is more convenient
than the Oracle repo currently.
* PRs and JBS issues are mutually aware.
* The submit -> review -> commit process is streamlined.

We pay a synchronization price for having 2 repos and 2 bug trackers. This
is what I could come up with.

- Nir

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 1:14 AM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com