There is nothing stopping you or anyone else from producing builds of OpenJFX. Software doesn't build itself, though, so you'll need to find the resources to build / test / host JavaFX somewhere. I for one am very happy that Gluon has stepped up to do this. There has been some discussion with the AdoptOpenJDK folks about builds, so maybe something could happen there eventually.

As for a GitHub repo, there already is a GitHub mirror / sandbox here:

https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx

You can fork it, play around with it, even submit pull requests against it; as with any open source project, you will need to sign the contributor agreement, as well as have your code reviewed, in order to get your change merged in.

-- Kevin