On Wed, 30 Sep 2026 15:25:04 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:

>> As analysed in the bug, the previousWord() method does not work correctly if 
>> at the word boundary a character is found that is neither letter nor digit.
>> This fix changes the method so that only ranges of whitespace will be 
>> skipped, resulting in correct word selection behaviour.
>> A test case has been added to TextAreaTest.
>> gradlew :controls:test --tests test.javafx.scene.control.Text*Test has been 
>> executed to ensure no regressions happen in other text related classes. No 
>> errors were reported.
>> 
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [X] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/TextAreaTest.java
>  line 565:
> 
>> 563: 
>> 564:     // test against JDK-8264588
>> 565:     @Test public void previousWord() {
> 
> minor: `@Test` should be on its own line

I was unsure about that. Most (but not all) of the tests in this test class 
have their `@Test` annotation on the same line so I decided to "go with what is 
there".

Personally I also prefer the annotation to be on a separate line. Will change.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4152438181

Reply via email to