On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 05:31:17 GMT, Robert Lichtenberger <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> As analysed in the bug, the previousWord() method does not work correctly if 
>> at the word boundary a character is found that is neither letter nor digit.
>> This fix changes the method so that only ranges of whitespace will be 
>> skipped, resulting in correct word selection behaviour.
>> A test case has been added to TextAreaTest.
>> gradlew :controls:test --tests test.javafx.scene.control.Text*Test has been 
>> executed to ensure no regressions happen in other text related classes. No 
>> errors were reported.
>> 
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [X] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Robert Lichtenberger has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   8264588: Remove extra newline, Put @Test annotation on separate line.

Thank you for looking into this!

Let's take up the `aaa |bbb` case in a follow-up.  I've filed 
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8393470 and we'll deal with it later.

As a part of this PR, we should add all these test cases, including the `aaa 
|bbb`.  Please add `@Disabled("JDK-8393470")` annotation to it so it won't be 
run.

BTW, I agree with the selection logic you proposed in 
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/2334#issuecomment-5947346794 even though it 
differs from MS Word in handling of whitespace and tabs.  At some point, once 
the `InputMap` is integrated, the application will gain ability to customize 
this behavior, until then I think it's the most reasonable approach.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#issuecomment-5956809083

Reply via email to