On Mon, 5 Oct 2026 18:32:37 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/TextAreaTest.java
>>  line 564:
>> 
>>> 562:     }
>>> 563: 
>>> 564:     // test against JDK-8264588
>> 
>> remove, git blame will show where the test belongs to anyway :)
>
> I would suggest a meaningful description AND a JBS ticket.  Git blame 
> requires additional manipulations, but most of all may not survive after a 
> merge or refactoring. 
> 
> edit: a good example: 
> https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/2225/changes#diff-86ac281080bec0ff52de6a5440d2258eabc8247c814d9e56d5f87f8cd6caf750R100

I am fine with either opinion (I've had this kind of discussion many times at 
the place I work ...). 

Personally I think a reference to a bug entry is valuable because it indicates 
that the reader may look up the rationale behind the test. Leaving it in, 
unless it would be a show stopper to integrate the PR.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4192217580

Reply via email to