Xiaofan Chen a écrit :
> 2009/5/5 Michel Catudal <michelcatu...@gmail.com>:
>
>> A project I am working on is to make a programmer for the PIC32 on SuSE
>> Linux. I am looking into implementing the use of the Programming
>> Excecutive in OpenOCD.
>> I have read the documentation from Microchip and it seems straight
>> forward, the OpenOCD implementation is not that clear though. Many
>> important commands are not implemented.
>>

> Nice project. What is the Jtag tool you are using? And
> what is the exact status of OpenOCD with PIC32 in terms
> of debugging and programming?

None yet but I will use olimex tiny jtag device. I will need to make a
little adapter
for it since the connector doesn't have the same pinout.
At this point I am just studying the subject.

According to the Microchip flash programming documentation, the best
approach would be
to use the Programming Executive. The programming executive is available
as part of the programmer
that Microchip has released the source. Obviously I can't tag that with
the source of OpenOCD but
will compile it in to make the binary. The key is not to violate either
the GPL or Microchip's licence.

> For programming, you can probably use the US$35
> PICkit 2 and pk2cmd. But there is no debugging
> support with PICkit 2 for PIC32. pk2cmd's source
> codes are also available.
> http://www.microchip.com/pickit2

I saw that and may purchase it if there is support for Linux as I don't
have any windows to work with at home.
I use windows at work but I don't want to see that crap on my own computer.

> It would be great that openocd can work with
> PIC32 using JTAG. I think Real ICE, ICD 2 and
> ICD 3 do not use JTAG for debugging PIC32.

I am aware of that, that is why I think that it would be easier for
debugging when we get PIC32 supported.

> Last time Spen posted some news on the  Microchip
> Forum.
> http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=346142
>
> Since then, it is now quite easy to build gcc toolchain
> for PIC32 (newlib not ported), pk2cmd also supports
> PIC32 programming now. So openocd will help a lot.
>
> And according to the mailing list, John McCarthy has
> got flashing partially working.

Partially is the key. He can't erase the whole thing so that makes it
useless for now.
As I look at the code I see that most of the code is commented out so I
assumed that it is not working code.
That was the reason I asked on this newsletter to see if there is more
work done that appears to be.

Michel

--
Tired of Microsoft's rebootive multitasking?
then it's time to upgrade to Linux.