> > Gentlemen,
> > AFAIK EJTAG is already implemented in OpenOCD (I'm using it for
> > another MIPS based SOC to program external flash). I just
> don't know
> > how complete it is in respect to debugging/single stepping.
> The flash
> > programming routines for PIC32 are also available in OpenOCD. So I
> > guess everything is available in OpenOCD to program a PIC32.
>
> As far as I know,  the chip erase is not implemented/working
> for flashing the PIC32 according to the mailing list archive.
> So it might be barely working. I do not know the status of debugging.

With regards to pic32 debugging most of the work for the ejtag was based on
the pic32.
All basic functions within gdb should be working, including
software/hardware breakpoints.

Having said that i have not tried svn head lately with the pic32.

I have a couple of patches to finish off, and complete the work on the
run_algorithm.
At the moment i am struggling to find any time to spend on openocd, work is
very busy.

Once the run_algorithm is added the flash programming should speed up, my
next step was to look at using the ejtag fast_data area.

Cheers
Spen