Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Does the LPC2148 (which I have) exhibit the same problem?
>>>
>>> I can not test the attached patch here, but it is intended to
>>> allow switching between the long(old) or new (short)
>>> tms_sequence tables. The patch uses the short table as default.
>>>
>>> Try:
>>>
>>> tms_sequence long
>>> tms_sequence short
>>>

>> Just checked with a luminary target i had to hand.
>> Using tms_sequence long fixes the error's seen during the first
>> jtag_examine_chain call.
>>

> Could this be a missing jtag_add_pathmove()?
>
> We want to make OpenOCD robust against the particular path taken do we not?

This is black jtag controller magic, I have tested short table for imx21
and omap3530 a lot, seems cortex-m3 does not like the startup sequences.
Try to change the first row in the short table, the out from TAP_RESET
to the long version. This will not affect performance but give some
extra tck clocks in reset.
Some target really like that.

Have a nice day
Magnus