Cool, I will add new field into layout structure that will indicate
forbidden bits to bitbang, this field will be zero by default so all
bits are allowed, driver author can add some value of this field to
the specific layout - that value AND port mask to set/bitbang will be
checked in ft2232_bitbang(), if non-zero then error will be returned
as user tried to access restricted port pins. Should be simple,
elegant and safe enough..? This update should appear in my fork
repository after weekend.. soo have a great weekend! :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek