On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> As a maintainer I'm interested in this subject from the point of view
> of how it can be used to *save* time of the maintainers.
>
> E.g. if we had a script committed that checked that a patch sequence
> was acceptable, then that report could be amended to the patch
> sequence.
>
> Thus maintainers would not have to check the patches and give
> feedback, this would happen before the patches were posted.

My experience is such a script is better than nothing, but it cannot
check everything in coding style and developer ofter forget to check
the patch with it. I can volunteer to review patch for coding style.
But before that we need to set the rule about those issues I raised,
since current documentation does not say anything about them.

Regards,
Jie