On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> Freddie Chopin wrote:
>> I guess it's right time for me to provide a new development version
>> on my website...
>
> Maybe you can also describe how you build them?

Freddie does provide a simple description about the build
in his package.

+++++++++++ info.txt +++++++++++
OpenOCD 0.5.0
commit hash: 2fced63147fdd867ea8980d719c2b9ac2ced2010
commit date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 05:34:50
build date: 09.08.2011
package date: 10.08.2011
build system: Linux Ubuntu 11.04 (hosted in VirtualBox-4.1.0-73009 on Windows
        2003 Server SP2 @ Intel Core2Duo)
compiler: GCC 4.7.0 (i686-w64-mingw32)

Libraries used:
libusb-win32-1.2.5.0
libftdi-0.19

Build commands used:
../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-ft2232_libftdi --enable-gw16012
        --enable-parport --disable-parport-ppdev --enable-parport-giveio
        --enable-presto_libftdi --enable-amtjtagaccel --enable-arm-jtag-ew
        --enable-jlink --enable-rlink --enable-usbprog --enable-vsllink
        --enable-usb_blaster_libftdi
make
i686-w64-mingw32-strip src/openocd.exe

This package and info about it can be found on Freddie Chopin's website:
http://www.freddiechopin.info/

+++++++++++++

OpenOCD has also the README.Win32 file.

This thread also has some information here.
http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11221

Cross compiling is relatively easier than building under Windows.
Cygwin is again easier than MinGW. But it is not a big problem
to build under MinGW/MSys under Windows.

Among the components, libftdi is a bit troublesome to build if not using
cross compiling because of the use of CMake and some problem with
the CMake scripts under MinGW/MSys.

But I do provide libftdi (and libftdi-1.0) Windows binary here.
http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list

--
Xiaofan