On Fri, Oct 05, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007, Joerg Lehrke wrote:
>
> > The problem is caused by following block within the shtool install
> > function:
> > [...]
>
> Ah, I see. Well, mysql.spec's usage of "shtool subst" with _arbitrary_
> complex sed(1) style "-e" options is already the source of the trouble.
> I'll see what we can do for GNU shtool but in the meantime I've changed
> mysql.spec to use a regular simple sed(1) call. That's just fine here,
> too.

I don't feel very comfortable with the solution applied to the MySQL
package. To be honest, the sed expressions in question aren't that
complex. As there might be other expressions, similar or not, which
would also not work under IRIX, we end up with a vaguely definied
list of functionality which is not working as documented. So on
what features can we rely on and which ones not in the future? This
might affect dozens of packages. If the problem can be fixed on this
very specific platform, IRIX, why not define the %{l_shool} macro
differently on that platform, maybe one can expand it to '%{l_bash}
%{l_prefix}/lib/openpkg/shtool' on IRIX and stick with the default on
all the other platforms.

-cs

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org